It’s the middle of my son’s Easter holidays and he wanted to make me brunch today. He had seen an episode of Jamie Oliver’s Jamie at Home where an easy frittata was made over a wood fire. Amazingly, he wrote the recipe down – using drawings for ingredients instead of words – and was able to recreate the frittata from memory just using his basic recipe drawing and a little bit of help from me for the stove-related stuff. It was a perfect brunch meal served with a tomato and red onion salad.
Chorizo Frittata (serves 3)
adapted from the cookery show – Jamie at Home
- 1 cooking Chorizo, sliced into thick coins
- 1 small potato, peeled and sliced into thick coins
- 4 eggs, beaten
- sprigs of rosemary
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- lemon juice and olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven on the highest setting for grilling.
- Boil the potatoes for five minutes then drain and set aside.
- Heat an oven-proof pan on the stove.
- Add the sliced chorizo and drained potatoes. Add the rosemary and cook till crispy
- Pour in the beaten eggs then place the whole pan in the oven for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, toss the tomatoes, parsley and red onions with lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the frittata from the oven and serve hot with the tomato salad.