One of my favorite blogs is 80 Breakfasts where Chichajo (a friend of my youngest sister) makes delicious food accompanied by fantastic photos and humorous text. You can really see that she loves food and has fun with her blog. Well, this morning I was inspired to make one of my all-time diner breakfast favourites – Corned beef hash – and it turned out better than I thought. Here’s to another breakfast idea for 80 Breakfasts.
- Peel a large potato and dice into small cubes. Boil for 5 minutes then drain and allow to dry or wipe with a paper towel.
- Slice a medium sized onion.
- Take a can of good-quality corned beef and slice into small pieces.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick pan and add the potatoes and onions. Brown on high heat.
- Turn down the heat and then add the corned beef.
- In another pan, heat some oil and fry 2 eggs.
- Place the corned beef hash on a plate and top with a fried egg.