Here’s another recipe for a light lunch that we had the other day which makes use of lots of summer produce. In this case, avocados for the guacamole, peppers for the fajitas and tomatoes for the salsa. It’s really easy to do and makes for a wonderful impromptu meal.
- Marinate 500 gr. sliced chicken breast (*I used boneless thighs because we prefer dark meat) in lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Heat a pan and saute 1 thinly sliced onion. When this starts to soften, add 1 thinly sliced red pepper.
- Remove the onions and peppers from the pan and set aside.
- Heat some more oil in the same pan and cook the sliced chicken pieces until brown.
- Put back the onions and peppers in the pan and mix in with the chicken.
- In a grill pan, heat some flour tortillas one at a time.
- Serve with lots of cilantro, quartered limes, tortillas, guacamole and salsa.